How to do the usual tours and attractions a little differently in Cape Town:
South Africa's second most populated city, Cape Town, is known for being one of the most beautiful cities in the world and possesses a rich and colourful history. Welcoming over 5 million tourists a year, it is no surprise that Cape Town is the continent’s most popular destination!
Make 2021 the year you feel the embrace of our incredible Mother City! Established in 1652 as a refueling station for ships bounds for the East (the Spice Route). This city is often referred to as the Mother City, have you ever wondered why we call it the Mother City? This is an affectionate term used by locals and international visitors alike to describe the sense of home they feel in Cape Town.
Travellers will be pleasantly surprised to find a multitude of highly rated and popular tours, from the well-known and loved attractions such as a visit to Cape Point to or more unusual attractions on offer.
Here is a list of how to do the usual tours and attractions a little differently in Cape Town:
- Abseil from Table Mountain: A total thrill for adventure seekers, the panoramic views from the top of Table Mountain are breath taking, but the views from the abseil are even better. Descending down the side of a sheer cliff and experience views of Camps Bay, the Atlantic Seaboard and the deep blue ocean. The Table Mountain Abseil is guaranteed to get your pulse racing.
- Hike up Table Mountain and take the Cableway down: A favourite activity for all fitness levels, there are two well-trodden paths up this iconic north face. Hikers can enjoy a hike up and the Cableway down. There are restaurants, souvenir shops and excellent viewing points at the top.
- Wine tastings throughout the Winelands and Constantia: Have you been longing to try a wine pairing with a difference? Cape Town is home to many unique and delicious wine tasting options. Try chocolate, biltong (a SA360 favourite), pizza, ice cream, canapes and so many more combinations.
- Peninsula Tour by sidecar: Pack your camera to capture the thrill of this experience as you head out of the City along the Atlantic Seaboard and onto Chapman's Peak Drive lookout point. This tour is always raved about by our travellers.
- Cape Town City Cycle: Learn about the cities rich heritage while riding from the vibrant Waterfront to the bustling inner city. From the historic city centre, you will cycle into the colourful Bo-Kaap and then make our way towards Green Point before heading back to the Waterfront along the Atlantic Seaboard.
- Constantia Valley Zip & Sip: A unique experience in the Constantia Valley, taking in the incredible views in one of best ways possible, by zipline! Soar above the beautiful fynbos experiencing an exciting zipline course. Afterwards you celebrate your successful day of adventure by enjoying two wine tasting sessions at local wine farms. This is a great day trip for travelling couples, families or corporate groups!
- Kayak with the penguins in Simonstown: Paddle the warm waters of False Bay visiting the famous and fun penguins at Boulders Beach. No experience is required and any able bodied person can enjoy this excursion. Paddles take place every day of the year, weather permitting.
What the Kruger National Park ffers besides safaris:
The Kruger National Park is home to the Big 5 as well as an extensive variety of animal, bird and insect species keeping visitors enthralled and totally engaged. Many of our travellers choose to self-drive the Kruger but you can also join part of a guided safari excursion. Other then safaris, here are some different activities to experience in and around the Kruger:
- Sunset safrai with an African Boma dinner: After an excting sunset game drive you will be taken to the boma inside Kruger Park, overlooking a river line. On the menu you have traditional meals such as venison kebab, boerewors, pap and sheba.
- Elephant experience at Jabulani Safari: Immerse yourself in the natural environment of African elephants on this early morning tour of the Elephant Experience at Camp Jabulani. You'll have plenty of time to ask questions, and you'll learn a ton about animal behavior and biology.
- Quad Biking: Experince the rugged territory around Kruger National Park on this adventure tour. All levels are welcome as you conquer the terrain and get completely dirty and soaked. Take in views of local waterfalls, indigenous forests, and blue gum plantations as you drive.
- Ziplining: Did you know you can go ziplining just outside Hazyview? This 450m long zip slide will take you up to a speed of about 100 km/h. The height difference is 77 m. You will be harnessed in so you don’t have to hold on by yourself.
If you would like sample packages showing more information on these and many more fantastic advebtures awaiting you in Cape Town and the Kruger National Park or how they can be incorporated into an itinerary, please contact us.