Explore Southern Africa's diverse outdoors and breathtaking landscapes
Southern Africa is known for its scenic and varied natural environments. From untouched coastlines, towering sand dunes, majestic mountains and wild plains, the region offers nature lovers and active adventurers a nearly limitless supply of scenic outdoor experiences.
Travel to the breathtaking locations and see parts of Southern Africa only a few people get to experience.
What to See
- Carpets of wild flowers as far as the eye can see in the Namaqualand region of the Northern Cape.
- Vast open skies, free of light pollution and perfect for star gazing.
- Small towns and go-slow way of life of the semi-arid Karoo and West Coast.
- Towering red sand dunes of Sossusvlei and the orange sandstone rock formations of the Cederberg, making for exceptional photographs in the early morning light.
- Iconic Southern African safaris in some of the region's remote and unique landscapes.
- The Fish River Canyon is the world's second largest dry canyon and the Blyde River Canyon is the largest green canyon.
- The world's largest curtain of falling water - Victoria Falls.
- Misty mountains, ancient forests, limestone caves, waterfalls and wetlands rich in birdlife.
- Scenic and winding routes from the Garden Route to the Midlands Meander.
FEATURED SCENIC OUTDOOR EXPERIENCES
4 Day Namaqua Flower Camp
Seasonal Wild Flower Glamping
3 Day Great Karoo Explorer
Touch of Nature, Culture & Wildlife
6 Day Sand Dunes & Wildlife
Scenic Adventure & Safari