Explore Southern Africa's diverse outdoors and breathtaking landscapes
Southern Africa is known for its scenic and varied natural environments. From untouched coastlines, towering sand dunes, majestic mountains and wild plains, the region offers nature lovers and active adventurers a nearly limitless supply of scenic outdoor experiences.
Travel to the breathtaking locations and see parts of Southern Africa only a few people get to experience.
What to See
- Carpets of wild flowers as far as the eye can see in the Namaqualand region of the Northern Cape.
- Vast open skies, free of light pollution and perfect for star gazing.
- Small towns and go-slow way of life of the semi-arid Karoo and West Coast.
- Towering red sand dunes of Sossusvlei and the orange sandstone rock formations of the Cederberg, making for exceptional photographs in the early morning light.
- Iconic Southern African safaris in some of the region's remote and unique landscapes.
- The Fish River Canyon is the world's second largest dry canyon and the Blyde River Canyon is the largest green canyon.
- The world's largest curtain of falling water - Victoria Falls.
- Misty mountains, ancient forests, limestone caves, waterfalls and wetlands rich in birdlife.
- Scenic and winding routes from the Garden Route to the Midlands Meander.
FEATURED SCENIC OUTDOOR EXPERIENCES
4 Day Namaqua Flower Camp
Seasonal Wild Flower Glamping
Every year nature performs a miracle in the Northern Cape, sprinkling nature's confetti as far as the eye can see. The seasonal winter rains trigger a truly breathtakingly beautiful phenomenon, quite possibly unlike anything you have experienced before… a magnificent tidal wave of colour! Enjoy this spectacle by staying at a limited-period, annual tented camp located in the Namaqua National Park. A luxurious and elegant private mobile camp right on the beach makes for an ideal retreat for those who wish to combine the spectacular wildflower extravaganza with unending night skies full of stars.
3 Day Great Karoo Explorer
Touch of Nature, Culture & Wildlife
This private guided tour takes you to the beautiful semi desert Karoo region of South Africa. The trip begins with a Big 5 safari at a private game reserve known for its conservation and social upliftment efforts. You will also experience many of the things that make the Karoo famous – its hospitality, delicious cuisine, farm life and even traditional means of transport - the donkey cart. Known for its vast open skies and small towns away from the bright city lights, the Karoo is an ideal place for star gazing, which is also included.
6 Day Sand Dunes & Wildlife
Scenic Adventure & Safari
Experience the major highlights of Namibia on our scheduled small-group tour with weekly departures starting and ending in Windhoek. This guided tour includes a premier wildlife safari in one of Africa’s most iconic reserves - Etosha National Park, where animals are attracted to the waterholes, making for excellent game viewing. A stopover in the quaint Atlantic coast town of Swakopmund and a visit to the towering red sand dunes at Sossusvlei. A trip highly recommended for solo and female travellers that will leave you with lasting memories and beautiful photographs.