A world in one country, South Africa is one of the world’s most diverse and fascinating countries, with a range of experiences to enthrall every visitor.
When To Go
South Africa boasts one of the best climates in the world and is famed for its eternal sunshine.
Summer, from October to February, is characterised by sunny days with afternoon thunderstorms.
Autumn, from March through April, is warm and sunny although nights tend to get a bit cooler.
Winter, from May through July, is characterized by dry and sunny days but cold nights.
Spring, from August to October, offers a mild climate, and is undoubtedly the best time for game viewing.
Cape Town has a Mediterranean climate, with warm dry summer and cool wet winters.
May to November is whale watching season, August and September is when the wild flowers are out… the best time to go to South Africa really depends on what you are interested in!
Whether you’re looking for a wildlife adventure, a cultural immersion, a culinary escape or an artistic revelation, South Africa has it for you.
What To See
- Cape Town offers visitors a combination of coastal charm, history and artistic urban sophistication
- Table Mountain, Cape Town’s landmark and one of the Natural Wonders of the World
- The Cape Winelands – Stellenbosch and Franschhoek are the most well-know, but there are another 12 wine routes in the Western Cape with a reported 800-1000 different wineries to explore
- The Garden Route, with its charming seaside villages, mountains, beaches, forests and myriad of activity opportunities
- The Kruger National Park and surrounding private game reserves for an iconic wildlife safari
- Mpumalanga is home to Kruger, hwoever has much more to offer visitors besides the wildlife, including the spectacular scenic Panorama Route
- Madikwe and Pilanesberg Game Reserves, the Waterberg and Eastern Cape reserves for malaria-free safaris
- Durban is a fun-loving city known for its gorgeous sun-kissed beaches along the Indian Ocean
- A World-Heritage site, the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg offers awe-inspiring natural beauty in its gigantic mountain peaks and buttresses
- Johannesburg and Soweto, the pulsating City of Gold, offers a dazzling array of attractions
- The remote Northern Cape, known for its wildflower displays in spring, the Augrabies Falls, Kgalagadi Transfronteir Park and bushmen
- Marine activities such as shark cage diving, whale watching and swimming with seals and penguins
FEATURED SOUTH AFRICAN TOURS
9 Day South African Spectacular
Cape Town, Cederberg & Johannesburg
It's all about spectacular settings and luxurious award-winning accommodation. The Twelve Apostles Hotel is dramatically located above the Atlantic Ocean and offers one of the best sunset spots in Cape Town from the terrace. Bushmans Kloof is a sanctuary to more than 130 ancient rock art sites and is home to many endangered species of flora and fauna in the Cederberg Mountains. Athol Place is a stylish boutique hotel located in one of Johannesburg's most beautiful and upmarket suburbs.
10 Day Royal South Africa
Thornybush Game Reserve, Cape Town & Franschhoek
A luxury holiday fit for royalty. Royal Malewane is a Big Five safari lodge in the Thornybush Game Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park. Siturated in the trendy Silo District, the Silo Hotel is a celebration of art, style, architecture and design, a tribute to timeless glamour and contemporary luxury. La Residence in Franschhoek is surrounded by vineyards and plum orchards, with a spectacular mountain backdrop and an atmosphere of complete tranquility.
11 Day Deluxe Cape Town, Sabi Sands & Kalahari
Cape Town, Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve & Tswalu Kalahari Game Reserve
An elite and exclusive experience. Ellerman House in Cape Town is a historic Cape Edwardian-style mansion with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views , Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Lodge is located in the premier game viewing destination Sabi Sands and Tswalu the Motse overlooks the grasslands of the Kalahari, with diverse wildlife and the serenity of what may well be South Africa’s last great wilderness.
8 Day Best of the Cape
Cape Town, Knysna and Kwantu Safari
Discover the best of the Cape on this fully guided tour which includes South Africa’s “Mother City” Cape Town, the scenic Garden Route and ends with a safari in a malaria-free private game reserve near Port Elizabeth. Go from the hustle and bustle of a vibrant city, visiting famous attractions, to the tranquil African Bush; where you hear the crackle of the fire and the lions roaring as you fall off to sleep.
10 Day Highlights of South Africa
Cape Town, Knysna, Sun City and Mabula Game Reserve
Awaken your senses and meet South Africa on this exciting private guided tour showcasing all that Cape Town has to offer, including Table Mountain, a city tour and a tour of the spectacular Cape Peninsula. Experience the natural wonders along the popular Garden Route before travelling to the north of the country for a relaxing stay at Sun City Resort and a Big Five Waterberg safari at Mabula Game Lodge.
10-day South African Showcase
Sun City, Pilanesberg, Knysna, Oudtshoorn and Cape Town
A memorable tour that starts with time for fun and excitement at Sun City, includes a safari at a lodge in the Pilanesberg National Park and continues down to the Cape Garden Route. One of the adventure capitals of the country, this region offers loads of adrenalin packed activities in the most picturesque of backdrops. Tour Route 62 to Cape Town and visit the city’s top sites and attractions.
FEATURED SOUTH AFRICAN ACCOMMODATION
!Xaus Lodge provides accommodation in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park for eco-tourists and visitors to the Kalahari. Visit the large observation deck from which we gaze in wonder at the night sky, and by day the swimming pool provides cool relief from the desert heat.
Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
Woodbury Lodge is spectacularly set against a cliff above the Bushmans River valley. It offers an intimate and tranquil experience of the Eastern Cape riverine bushveld at its best. It is the ideal place for couples or families to relax and enjoy the bush together.
Impodimo Game Lodge
Impodimo Game Lodge is set along a rocky ridge commanding stunning vistas of the Madikwe Game Reserve. It is also located at the source of a natural spring, which provides the lodge with elevated views as well as riverine serenity.