It is no wonder the magnificent Victoria Falls is one the most visited places in Southern Africa, the Falls are also one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. This World Heritage Site measures almost 2 kilometers wide and over 100 meters high, boasting spectacular views of this falling sheet of water. The falls straddles Zimbabwe to the west and Zambia to the east and are accessible from either country, via the town of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe or Livingstone in Zambia. The falls are a spectacular site throughout the year, with the highest water level being between April to June. During the lowest water level months from October to December the geological formation of the Falls is clearly visible and it is possible to visit Livingstone Island and swim in Devil’s Pool, a natural rock swimming pool on a ledge next to Victoria walls offers dramatic views.
There are a variety of ways to view and to experience the magnificent falls, try one of these unforgettable experiences on your next visit:
– This is a must-try on your visit to the Victoria Falls and a top rated experience, the legendary Zambezi Sunset Cruise. Perfect for families, this activity that offers amazing views of the powerful Zambezi river as well as that famous African sunset. Enjoy a complimentary sundowner drink and take in the surrounding area as the knowledgeable crew tells you all about the local environment. This cruise is the only way to end your day out at Victoria Falls.
– The Chobe Day Trip offers the full African safari experience. This National Park is World famous and is home to one of the largest big game populations on the continent. This unforgettable safari is not to be missed!
– Guided Tour of The Falls: Get the full Victoria Falls experience and take in this Natural Wonder as you are guided through the Victoria Falls rainforest. This tour is sure to amaze guests as they see and hear more about the mighty falls, from facts about the local geology, to its importance in the local culture. You can also look forward to plenty of photo opportunities and multiple viewpoints.
– The Flight of Angels offers guests a flight high above the water where they can marvel at the power of Victoria Falls and surrounding area. This 15 minute helicopter ride offers guests the chance to soar high above the water through the towering column of mist that sprays up from the 1700m long waterfall. Guests can enjoy amazing photo opportunities and unrivaled views of the mighty falls and surrounding area.
– An adventure seekers delight awaits those brave enough to Bridge Jump, Slide or Swing from the Victoria Falls bridge. This heart racing activity will see visitors bungee jump from the 128 meter bridge, into the deep ravine below. For a slightly different thrill, guests can embrace their inner child and get on the bridge swing. Go solo or with a partner and swing off the bridge in a huge arch. Finally, for a tamer, but still exciting experience, visitors can take the bridge slide, a 300 meter zipline from one side of the bridge to the other. All of these thrilling experiences offer a great view of the falls!
– White Water Rafting offers the perfect adventure holiday activity where guests can get up close and personal with the mighty Zambezi. For low water rafting sessions, the best time of the year would be between August and December. High water season is between the months of January & February and June & July.
If you would like sample packages showing how a Victoria Falls adventure can be incorporated into an itinerary or if you would like more information on this exciting adventures or if you would like to book a Victoria Falls Exclusive Tour, please contact us.